BPS Certificate of Competence: Test User: Occupational, Ability Course
What is it?
The BPS Certificate of Competence: Test User: Occupational, Ability Course (formerly known as Level A) is a blended learning course consisting of 6-9 hours of private study and a 2 day intensive face-to-face course. This course is accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and the European Federation of Psychological Associations (EFPA) and it qualifies participants to access, choose, apply and interpret the best general ability, aptitudes and occupational interests assessments for selection, training, development, leadership, career coaching and self-actualisation purposes. The most prestigious, international test publishing organisations such as Pearson, GL, Saville and Morrisby provide tests to participants who successfully complete the course.
Who is it for?
1. Psychometric Assessment and Testing – definitions and applications.
2. Using Psychometric Instruments - selection, career guidance, development, coaching, counselling,
3. Psychometric Measurement of general ability, aptitudes, occupational interests.
4. Psychometric Instrument / Test Construction – how professional tests are conceptualised, trialed, tested, validated and how they differ totally from so-called “psychometric tests” freely available on the internet.
5. Psychometric Instrument / Test Administration – how tests are administered on a person-to-person basis and online to optimise benefits to corporate and individual clients.
6. Interpreting and Communicating Outcomes – objectively interpreting tests and communicating outcomes clearly and effectively.
7. Security, Confidentiality, Professional Ethics – ensuring that test results are stored securely; that client confidentiality is maintained at all times and that access to outcomes is restricted to agreed individuals.
More Information about The Workshop
Who is the Workshop Presenter?
This workshop will be presented by Pat Shortt. Pat has been providing training in the use of psychological tests to the standards set by the British Psychological Society for over 30 years. Pat is passionate about psychometric testing and he has helped numerous companies save hundreds of thousands of euros by enhancing their selection processes. Pat is a Chartered Psychologist, an Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society, a member of the Psychological Society of Ireland, an Associate Member of the American Psychology Association and a long-standing member of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development, the Institute of Guidance Counsellors and the Irish Institute of Training and Development. He has trained hundreds of Executives, Managers, Executive Coaches, Psychologists and Career Counsellors and Planners in the application of psychometrics to the highest international and professional standards.
How will this workshop benefit my career?
You will acquire best practice psychometric knowledge and skill in assessing the general ability, specific abilities (aptitudes) and motivators of candidates for jobs at all levels. You will also be able to provide best-in-class career guidance and direction to your clients of all ages and backgrounds over the age of 16 and you will enhance your expertise in your coaching, training, development and counselling activities. You will stand out from the multitude of charlatans, chancers and crooks that populate the internet self-help jungle and your reputation will prosper.
Location, Price and Time
Online - via Zoom
10:00 - 12:00 each day on the following dates
May: Monday 24th, Wednesday 26th, Friday 28th, Monday 31st & Wednesday 2nd June